A city is a living entity and its face in the morning is different from the night. One artist makes a portrait between 9:00 and 10:00. Another one makes a portrait between 21:00 and 22:00 or 01:00 and 02:00; together a portrait of 24 visions. 24 individual portraits make one collaborative art work.
A successful city portrait consists of videos that are both complementary and different. 24 videos, which cover a city in recognizable images, but not cliche.
Anyone can participate by filling in the online application form.
Give at least two 2 tags for each video and geographical information (streetnames, routes e.g.) in the online form.
Deadline: closed (individual entries are welcome)
Please pay attention to the requirements:
- All entries must be exactly 60 seconds (no credits or titles).
- All entries must be broadcast quality.
- Please use high quality, 16:9 format: HDV 1080i or DV PAL anamorphic.
- Export your movie as Quicktime or .avi, with dv-pal compressor, 25 frames per second and 48kHz sound, and aspect ratio 16:9. [Make sure not only the material you filmed is in 16:9 but also your project settings and export settings in FCP, so you export your video in 16:9 and NOT 4:3!]
- Try not to use borrowed sound; only original city sound. How you use the original sound is up to you.
Burn this dv-file on a data-cd or dvd and send it to:
The One Minutes Foundation
Fred. Roeskestraat 98
1076 ED Amsterdam
For questions about the project you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.